Monday, July 16, 2007

Required Reading 1: ..about Blogging and RSS

I read: Blogging and RSS — The "What's It?" and "How To" of Powerful New Web Tools for Educators by Will Richardson, Supervisor of Instructional Technology, Hunterdon Central Regional High School
…and here is what I think about Blogging and RSS
About three years ago a friend on the West coast told me to “check out his blog,” and I was clueless as to what he wanted me to do. Today have a four blogs myself and have become a big fan. I think they are very useful tools for communication and collaboration, especially in the classroom. My students know that they can find links to all their assignments and much more very useful “stuff” on my blog. Sometimes, I require them to post comments on readings or answers to questions on the blog.
And then there is RSS. I am a relative newbie, but very excited about it. Being a teacher and therefore always somewhat overloaded during the school year, RSS seems to be a great way to efficiently bundle information that I am interested in. I have already put a link to my bloglines on my new blog.
Claudia

No comments: