Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Required Reading 2: The Student WebQuest

I read the article by M. Yoder (1999) The Student WebQuest: A productive and thought-provoking use of the Internet. Learning & Leading with Technology, 26(7), 6-9.52-53. Retrieved January 8, 2004 from http://www.lesley.edu/faculty/myoder/webquest.pdf

...and here is what I think about it:
Considering that our final project is to design and pubish a WebQuest for our students, I thought that this article was very useful. At first I felt a little overwhelmed by the project, but now I am confident due to the step by step instruction and the good advice by Yoder. I liked how the author picked particular WebQuests and illustrated the steps with examples.
I really like the concept of WebQuests and believe that my students are going to like to explore subjects like geography, famous German people and culture using a scavenger hunts on the web. I teach a Germanl 3 / German 5 combo class and see this activity as a life saver for me because I can plan the activities well ahead of time and don't have to worry about how to keep one group busy while teaching the other.

No comments: